Divorce is never easy or pleasant. It gets especially hard when spouses need to divide property and debts and define the terms of child custody and support but cannot find common ground on these matters. In such cases, the best option is to hire a lawyer who can represent you in the courtroom, defending your rights and interests.
Knowing the overall divorce price in Texas, many couples are hesitant to do that since attorneys’ involvement can raise the cost of marriage dissolution significantly. That is why they do their best to find cheap divorce lawyers in Encino, TX, not being sure about these specialists’ qualifications and expertise and the ability to ensure the best outcome in the case.
To help you in this endeavor, we prepared a list of 10 top-rated Encino divorce attorneys for your comparison and consideration.
List of Affordable Encino Divorce Attorneys
With the abundance of law firms in Texas, it is not a problem to find good divorce lawyers in Encino whose services do not cost a fortune. However, the decision should be made carefully and reasonably. So, when choosing a divorce lawyer in your location, consider the following factors:
- Board certification;
- Expertise in similar cases;
- Approach to divorce and if it coincides with yours;
- Level of comfort in communicating with them;
- Affiliation with reliable and trusted Encino divorce law firms;
- Fee arrangement (flat, retainer, contingency, hourly, etc.) and how it fits within your budget.
Here is the list of the top 10 best affordable divorce attorneys in Encino, Texas, from which you can choose:
Richard R. Alamia Attorney at Law 206 W. Stubbs Edinburg , TX 78539 Toll-Free: (956) 381-5766
Rogers & Greehey, PLLC 502 W. University Edinburg , TX 78539 Telephone: (956) 420-4394
Rogers and Greehey, PLLC 502 W University Edinburg , TX 78539 Telephone: (956) 420-4394
LUPITA ALMARAAZ LAW FIRM, PC 412 W Viggie St Hebbronville , TX 78361 Telephone: (361) 884-2200 Fax: (361) 884-2202
The Law Office of Aaron Fonseca 600 S. Closner Blvd. Edinburg , TX 78539 Telephone: (956) 510-9800
Armando M. Guerra & Associates, PLLC 113 North 9th Avenue Edinburg , TX 78541 Telephone: (956) 616-4641
Retired 1512 Cesar Chavez Rd Edinburg , TX 78542
O Rene Flores PC 208 W Cano St Edinburg , TX 78539 Telephone: (956) 383-9090
509 N San Antonio St Rio Grande City , TX 78582 Telephone: (956) 488-8170
323 W Cano St Edinburg , TX 78539 Telephone: (956) 318-0099
Divorce Attorney Fees in Encino
The average attorney fees in Encino are about $300 per hour, ranging from $140 to $450 per hour. They mostly depend on the location and the lawyer’s experience. The total Encino divorce lawyer cost may be somewhere between $3,000 and $18,000.
Attorneys and law firms may offer different fee arrangements for their clients. Here are the main types of lawyer fees:
- Hourly rate is the most common type of arrangement when a lawyer charges hourly for their services. The rates are determined by the region, experience, qualification, and reputation and may differ for different types of cases.
- Flat fee is a fixed sum a lawyer may charge for certain types of cases, knowing the approximate time it will take to complete them. It is mostly typical in simple cases with no contested issues or if an attorney only helps with one particular service in the entire case.
- Consultation fee may be charged either hourly or on a flat-fee basis. It is usually paid for a single meeting with an attorney to get legal advice.
- Retainer fees are very much like a deposit paid upfront as a guarantee that the attorney’s services will be paid for. This set fee is usually calculated by multiplying the hourly rate by some number of hours expected to be spent on the case. Unfortunately, the unused money left after the case is over is not always refunded.
- Contingency fees are based on the percentage of the amount the plaintiff is awarded as a result of negotiations or final judgment. While this type of arrangement is highly favored in medical malpractice and personal injury cases, it is not typical for divorces due to ethical considerations.
- Additional costs are expenses a lawyer may charge for certain services not included in their fee arrangement. Therefore, it is advisable to clarify what is not part of your attorney’s hourly or flat fee from the very start.
Most often, the total payment will be set by agreement between you and your lawyer. It can include the fixed fee for the initial consultation; hourly rate for the time spent on meetings with you, negotiations with your spouse’s attorney, completing the paperwork, attending the court hearings, etc.; and additional costs for services provided by third parties like fees for notary, photocopies, postal services, etc.
So, let’s try to calculate the cost of your divorce if you decide to hire a lawyer in Encino, considering all the possible options. The following table presents approximate average prices for services that can be used in both contested and uncontested divorces:
|Base lawyer’s fee (hourly fees x number of hours)||
|Encino court filing fee||
Of course, getting a divorce is expensive and will be much costlier if you decide to hire an attorney. However, there is a good alternative that can help you save your budget. If you file for divorce online, you will not need to spend so much on lawyers’ hourly fees.
Should You Hire a Lawyer for Your Divorce?
You definitely need a lawyer if you have a highly contested divorce, in which you cannot agree with your spouse on some issues. In such cases, an attorney can help you to negotiate, settle the disputes in your best interests, fill in the right forms, file them in a proper way, and obtain the most advantageous outcome for you.
You are strongly recommended to hire a lawyer if:
- You have a high-net-worth divorce;
- Your divorce involves complex property division disputes;
- You suspect that your spouse hides or lies about their assets, income, and expenses;
- You require spousal support, and your spouse believes you do not;
- You have children and need to settle child custody and support disputes;
- Your spouse is highly uncooperative and refuses to make any settlements with you;
- You have issues with establishing paternity;
- You need any modifications to the previously established orders;
- You are a victim of domestic violence.
If you do not have any of the listed issues, you may file for an uncontested divorce and get a cheap divorce in Encino, Texas. When you are able to reach all the agreements with your spouse, all you need to do is get the necessary forms, fill them out, file them with the court, and get your divorce decree at a minimal cost.
Compare Your Options for Divorce in Encino
|Divorce with a Lawyer||While hiring a lawyer is a good option in contested cases, you should be ready for the possible challenges:
|Texas Divorce Online||A paperwork preparation service can provide you with a quick and easy way to get ready for your divorce process for an affordable price by offering:
|DIY Divorce||Although DIY divorce may be the most attractive option due to its low cost, it can entail certain risks that you should be ready for:
What Is the Cheapest Way to Get a Divorce in Encino?
In Texas, you have two options if you want to minimize your expenses in the divorce process. You may either look for free legal aid or resort to online divorce.
1. Free Legal Aid Services
A range of public and private organizations in the United States provide free or low-cost legal aid. Their services range from legal advice to special programs for low-income or marginalized citizens. However, to qualify for their help, you should provide some proof of indigence, disability, domestic violence, discrimination, etc.
2. Online Divorce Services
Online divorce may be an ideal option for an uncontested divorce in Encino. Such services mostly help with the preparation of documents and guidelines on the further steps. In this case, you will only need to pay some $100-$200 for a set of forms for your individual case and then file them with the court for a certain filing fee.
Erin Bensen is a relationship expert and a writer known for her articles on love and marriage. Being a paralegal, she also writes about divorce and the procedures around it. Erin regularly contributes to Modern Love Counseling and other divorce blogs, offering practical advice and support. Right now, Erin is working on her personal podcast, where she intends to discuss the complexities of relationships and help couples considering divorce.